This past weekend my parents (DW & B) and bestest were in town. We had a blast. The weekend was filled with food, fun, laughter, and more food. Seriously, I don’t think I’ve ever eaten that much food in one weekend. It is almost hard to walk. I’ve got a little waddle going. Working out will be difficult with all this extra weight. Damn you Dallas for having such great restaurants. We did take our food groups seriously…we alternated between Mexican and burgers. It was a lovely balance of cheese and carbs. Ooh, and we through a little pizza in there too. And wine. Don’t forget about the wine.
If you were anywhere near the five of us this weekend, here’s what you may have overheard or seen…
* DW reenacting a building falling down and the noise could only mean the building fell on a pile of pillows.
* Passing Chuy’s Restaurant and DW immediately imitating Chewbaca.
* B being forced to sit in the corner of the sectional couch so she doesn’t fall off (after 1 margarita).
* B snorting when she laughs. A lot.
* DW reading ALL of the billboards and signs while driving. We now know where all of the Jack in the Box’s are in the D/FW area.
* DW changing the GPS to Mandarin. Hilarious. Hard to follow, but hilarious.
* K telling me that if I get caught stealing bamboo I can just tell the homeowners I’m “bi-panda“.
* Bestest screaming “Hey” in the middle of the restaurant.
* Recreating the “talking dog” video in the car. And the rest of the weekend. And yesterday after everyone left.
* Lots and lots of talking about the Duggar’s and whether or not the babies come out of Michelle via a tunnel slide. And I’m not sure why we were talking about her being a bounce house?! Anyone remember this? This was all outside of a very tasty ice cream sandwich restaurant, with children around. We keep things classy.
* B getting up in the middle of the night to snack on a Cadbury egg and DW catching her.
* Sebastian yarn-bombing the living room while we were gone. He also fashioned a noose. We could only assume it was for k.
* The awkward moment at a Mexican restaurant when we realized there were no menus. And then the other awkward moment when we realized we ordered way too much food.
* DW, B, and K all getting out of the car after pizza and wine, while Bestest tries to get d out of the seatbelt in the backseat. D was stuck. It was not pretty. When we finally got out and went inside, everyone asked why we were outside for so long. Thanks for the help family. Just wait until you are stuck in the backseat, being attacked by your seatbelt. You can bet I won’t be there to help you out. Thankyouverymuch.
* Acting like little kids in the aquarium.
* Only taking pictures of food and the animals at the aquarium. Best blogger evah.
These were the only things I managed to take notes on in my phone. And all of these happened over 2 days. I’m sure there are many, many more things we did that I don’t remember. DW, B, bestest…care to share what you remember?
I’m so happy my parents and bestest were in town over the weekend. We really did have a great time, even though we all felt miserable at the end of the weekend due to all of the food we ate. I can’t wait for them to come back and visit again!!
Next up, photos from the weekend. Be prepared for lots of food and aquarium animals!!
Enjoy your day,