Today is sponsored by the number 31.
31. That’s how old k is today. Hippo Birdie Buddy!!!
To celebrate k’s birthday, I wanted to share 31 reasons why I love this guy…
1. Look at that face. He lights up a room when he smiles. He can make me smile, just by starting to grin. And, I can get him to smile even when he’s mad, just by telling him not to smile. He’s easy (that’s probably not the first time he’s heard that line).
2. K is extremely genuine and the nicest person I’ve ever met. He will do anything for anyone, no questions asked.
3. K is an amazing husband. He is extremely caring and loving. He will do anything for me or the zoo (and come on, you know that’s love when it’s midnight and the zoo still needs a walk).
4. I love the way k loves the zoo. Some days they get on his nerves and he threatens to drop Elvis off in the country at least 3 times a week, but at the end of the day he secretly loves them. Occasionally, I’ll catch him cuddling or kissing the tops of their heads.
5. K loves my family as much as I do. My crazy, loud, super-fun family. I think he talks to my siblings and dad more than I do.
6. K is great at letting me know he’s thinking about me. For no reason at all, he’ll come home from work or a late meeting with a 7-eleven slurpee in tow. He knows the way to my heart.
7. I love how k will sit through one of my favorite tv shows, on repeat, when I’m having a bad day because he knows it will make me laugh.
8. I love how k’s face lights up when he tells the story of how we met or how he proposed. (I’ll tell you those stories someday).
9. K is a great people-watching partner. Sporting events are awesome with k!
10. I love that k is happy and content staying in, ordering pizza, and watching a movie.
11. I love that k watches chick-flicks with me and his two favorites are Sweet Home Alabama and Legally Blonde. Do we see a Reese Witherspoon pattern here?! That’s okay, I’ll take it. As long as he keeps watching these movies with me.
12. K has become very good at telling really bad jokes. I love that he cracks himself up over these.
13. I love that when I tell a really bad joke or I make fun of k for something that only I think is funny, he still high-fives me. He’s very supportive like that.
14. I love how much passion k has. Whether it be work, an organization, or our family, k puts all his heart into it.
15. K will never be satisfied with being “just okay” or “good enough”. He will push himself to the max to be the best at everything. I love this about him. I also love that he pushes me to be the best.
16. I love that k talks with his hands. A lot. Sometimes I will hold his hands to make him stop talking. (Remember this, folks. You may need to use it sometime).
17. K sometimes has whole conversations with himself. It’s awesome being a bystander!
18. I love how easily distracted k is. He calls it ADOS (Attention Deficit Oooh Shiny!).
19. K is an awesome shopping buddy. He is honest and won’t let me walk out of a store with something that doesn’t look good on.
20. K makes car trips fun. I hate being in the car. I hate driving. But somehow, road trips with k are always a good time. Even the 20 hour drive from Ohio to Texas was fun!
21. K is always up for a photo-op. I have more pictures of just k than I do of the 2 of us together because I’m always manning the camera 🙂 It’s on purpose. Plus, k doesn’t mind looking goofy if it will be a good picture. This also helps the blog out tremendously. Thanks k!
22. K is always up for an adventure or trying something new. And, being in a new city, this is perfect! Whenever I mention a new restaurant, shop, new neighborhood to check out, k’s usual response is “I’m in!” Thanks for always being in, k!
23. K is very caring and nurturing. I know he will be an amazing dad someday. He is so good at taking care of the pups and me.
24. I love the way that k has helped me become more like him. Now, this isn’t necessarily a good thing. I mean, do we really want 2 k’s in the world? And, I could have done without k’s dirty mind (that’s what she said, and all).
25. I love that k is my biggest cheerleader. Whether it’s wedding planning, my Etsy shop, or just taking all 3 dogs on a walk by myself (which is pretty difficult to do, btw), he’s on the sidelines cheering me on all the way.
26. K likes to panic/worry about the past and I like to panic/worry about the future. Somehow both of us manage to talk the other off the edge. K is great at talking me off the edge.
27. I love that k’s brain never stops running (aka, Ernesto). He’s always coming up with solutions to problems we don’t have, commercials for companies he doesn’t work for, and weird ways for us to make millions (ask him about Marackobamas). I can always expect a new commercial, solution, or idea when he gets out of the shower (apparently that’s where he does his best work).
28. I love how competitive k is. This becomes very difficult because I’m super competitive too. Any game, sport, or really just about anything you can bet on or win doing, becomes an instant competition between us. Who knew hitting a bucket of golf balls at the driving range would soon be a battle to the death?!
29. K is a very deep sleeper. He will sleep through our dogs barking, the neighbor dogs barking, all while our neighbors shoot off fireworks in our front yard. I love this because at least one of us is getting some sleep.
30. K also flails in his sleep. Thankfully I am a light sleeper and as soon as I sense the shadow from his elbow heading towards my face, I roll over, only slightly missing an elbow to the eye and a bright, shiny new black eye. Explain that one in the morning. I do love this, though, because it makes for hilarious stories in the morning and k not believing me at all.
31. I love how k is mine. All mine. I claimed him. He’s mine. Forever. (Whether you like it or not, k. You are stuck with ME!).
There you have it…31 reasons why I love k…for his 31st birthday. There are so many more reasons, but I’ll save those for his 50th (hey, I like to plan ahead).
Happy Birthday, Buddy!! I love you more than you will ever know and I can’t wait to spend another birthday with you. I know you don’t want to get older, but hey, at least you get to grow older with ME! And, you get more handsome every year! (Which is not fair. Ladies, do you agree?!).
Enjoy your 31st birthday, k! It only happens once…let’s make it a good one!
Enjoy your day,